Sunday, July 3, 2011

Peggy

For 9 long years we have had peggy. I have had her for 4 years. For those of you who don't know peggy, she is my car. a 1995 Acura Integra. we have had her for awhile and all of my sisters have driven her. She has had her wheel come off while going up the logan canyon, her E brake give out, and hub cabs come loose. But we have fixed her up each time. She has become a part of the family, but unfortunately, she is not loved. She is rusted out, squeaky, and has mis-matched hubcaps, along with many other imperfections.

So today I was coming home from church during sunday school. I started her, backed out and I tried to make her go forward, but she wouldn't move.."Did I forget to turn her on?'" I asked myself. So I turned her on and proceeded out of the parking lot.  As I make the left turn onto main street, Peggy starts to lurch and jolt. I gas her, but the heaving continues. So I pull her over, turn off the AC and let her regroup for a moment. I start her again, she has some coughs and resists a little, but she manages to start up. So I get going about 30 and coast to my street. As I turn up and begin to pull out the clutch and push the gas, the lurching and convulsing begins again. Irritated and fed up with Peggy's new developed malfunction, I turn everything off, while still in the middle of the road, and try again to turn her on. She  chugs and chugs for the wheels to start turning, but nothing happens. after doing this about 4 or 5 times, I give up. "Well fine, I want you to die anyway Peggs, so if that's how it's gonna be…"I thought still a little annoyed. I back her down the hill until I hit the curb and walk back up to my house.

I hope she can't be fixed.

1 comment: