Sunday, September 16, 2012

Lewis and Clark Rant

Ok so recently, since I've been to Oregon, I've been thinking about Lewis and Clark. In seaside there are so many memorials praising them for "finding the west". psh. We were taught in school that these "great" men found the west. With the help of an Indian girl, they paved the way from east to west and found to coast.  Now let me ask you this, weren't indians already in the west? It was already found. Such an Eastern way to think. Sure, they may have been the first white men to find it, but Sacajawea lead them, and helped them[lead them] to find the way. I don't buy it. They didn't find the west because it was already found. It is just a stupid sham that we all believe because we are taught while we are young.  They didn't find it, and I refuse to idolize these phonies or praise them for something they didn't do.

at the lewis and clark statue in seaside
Rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment